People often go to the restaurants and many of them have their favourite ones. But why and how people choose it? What are the reasons for their choice? Is it the food, ambience, price, service? No doubt, it is. But what if people in the town next to yours do not know this? You should know that marketing to your customers in neighboring communities is a valuable technique and it can help build your sales for the long term and expand the popularity of your establishment.
Most people have a favorite restaurant somewhere else. They may discover this on their own, or they may be told by friends. A destination restaurant is a place where people ordinarily go out of their way to visit.
It is very important for your restaurant to be such establishment for many people. For this you can use some simple techniques that will make people get in their car and drive to your restaurant from neighboring communities.
• Make your customers golden! No doubt, you're already doing this, but make each and every visiting customer golden. They will notice and appreciate this. Make their experience a unique and welcoming one. They should know how appreciative it is for them to be there.
• Try to go up and above the value they expect. For this give them a free dessert, offer to pick up their drinks. You may also add some incentive to the overall value of their meal.
• Recommend your top menu items. You should always recommend your top menu items to people who are visiting for the first time. By offering your specialty or most popular menu items will greatly improve their experience because these items have already proven to be winners.
• Improve your wait times. Bur in case you don't take reservations, find ways of improving the length of their wait! Someone who's been on the road, expect them to be impatient.
• It is nice of you to find time and talk with your customers about your community, your neighborhood, or your area. People from another town or even country will be all ears listening to what you can tell them about your town. So, prepare them an interesting story about it.
• You should use fresh local ingredients. Especially, when your region is known for its special cuisine, then you should incorporate it on your menu.
If you want to make your restaurant a destination one then you should create a unique dining experience for those who visit it from another community. Your local community is already aware that you have great food, great location, ambience, and great service, but your customers from out of town need to learn this on their first experience. And when having new customers from out of town in your establishment, go out of your way to welcome them and make them feel unique. Be sure, next time they will come with their friends or neighbors.